We all have already heard the “usual” pieces of advice that people give you when talking about the camgirl experience. You have to be nice to the regulars, you have to choose trusted websites such as AnaCams.com, you have to stay true to yourself, yada-yada. That stuff is pretty much obvious, so we asked AnaCams camgirls to focus on some of the more underrated tips.
Webcamming Advice for Newcomers
1. Pay attention to your attitude. If you’re feeling a bit under the weather, hangover, stressed, or you just feel like it, you need to chill out and just do something else than sitting at your computer and trying to seduce people to no avail. Check out some chick flicks on Netflix, it will certainly help get your mind off things, or have a glass of wine! Remember that work ethic is not actually everything in your line of work. Put yourself in the customer’s shoes: do you want to have sex with someone who’s clearly in the mood?
2. Consider a second job. Camming is great but unless you’re going to live off of it, you’ll probably need a little extra money to cover the cost of food and other lifestyle expenses. If you’re someone who prefers to work/do other things at the same time then camming could be a great opportunity for you to work on a project you enjoy, something you find more relaxing or more rewarding.
3. Be a team player. There are many benefits to this such as promoting each other’s work, getting feedback and even setting up groups to help each other out. Work together with other models to help each other out and find similar customers.
4. Don’t rush into it if you’re a newcomer. In case you need support or advice first, try searching around online or contacting a good quality camming agency, there’s a lot to learn and a lot to consider. Also: remember that this is YOUR business and be determined to keep working hard and progressing, you can do this!
5. Blog. A good blog will keep your customers up to date with new products, specials, special offers, dates etc. It’s also a great opportunity to educate your customers and tell them about your hobbies. This can be a good place to get opinions on new products and services too. You can write about anything, as long as it’s interesting for your audience… and yourself as well.
6. Stick to it! You’ve put in the work, now give it your all, you’ve got to stay on top of your game otherwise you’re not going to get clients and make any money at all!
7. Networking. Best-case scenario: you should be getting to know your customers or other models on a personal level so that you can make friendships, build trust, chat to each other on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and other social media sites and possibly do some collaborations (as discussed above).
This is by no means an exhaustive list, feel free to add to it. We just hope it helped you to get a better idea of what it takes to become a successful model. We did try to avoid all the cliché advice as well!